Wednesday 11 February 2015

Dada bestowed Honorary Life Membership of 2 MCC's

In a remarkable coincidence, the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), which owns the Lord's cricket ground in London, and the Melbourne Cricket Club, which manages the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), bestowed honorary Life Membership on former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday. 




Both clubs have accorded the honour to Sourav for his "outstanding contribution" to the game. 

"I am honoured and delighted to accept the honorary life memberships of these two historic institutions. I started my Test career at Lord's which houses the MCC and I played my 100th Test at the MCG which is under the Melbourne Cricket Club, so these two venues will always have special place in my heart. And to receive this honour from the two clubs on the same day makes it even more special," said Sourav, who will be leaving for Australia on Thursday to do TV commentary during the upcoming World Cup. Read More Here : Dada Gets Membership


Courtesy : TOI

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More