Thursday 17 October 2013

Sourav Ganguly to be Part of 'Beefy's Big Sri Lanka Walk' Next Month

Four of the greatest Indian and Sri Lankan cricketers are to join England's greatest all-rounder Sir Ian Botham on his epic 'walk for charity' here next month.

Former Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly and three legendary Sri Lankan cricketers - Mahela Jayawardene, Muttiah Muralitharan and Kumar Sangakarra - will support Sir Ian as he walks from north to south across the country.




Funds raised from 'Beefy's Big Sri Lanka Walk', staged with the backing of Sri Lankan Airlines and Sri Lanka Tourism, will go to help sports-based community projects, including those operated by the Foundation of Goodness in Sri Lanka with the support of the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation.

Sir Ian said: "I would like to thank Sourav, Mahela, Murali and Kumar for their support and look forward to welcoming them alongside me. Without doubt this is going to be the toughest walk I have ever undertaken. It's going to be hot and humid, but I am going to do it.

"I am hoping to raise lots of money and awareness because I know it's going to do so much good for young people in Sri Lanka. Having these guys joining me will be a big encouragement."


Sourav says, "I feel proud to get this invitation from Sir Ian. Its a great moment''

Deatils Here : http://www.beefysbigsrilankawalk.com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More